Sunday 2 December 2012

Sophia’s Fairy Wishes

When Marilyn and I were little girls we absolutely believed in fairies. There was an old oak tree in Windsor Great Park where our dad told us they lived and we visited it with gifts of feathers, flowers and anything else we thought a fairy would like.  I loved Brussels sprouts because my dad said they were fairies’ cabbages. There was so much excitement in our house if a fairy ring of mushrooms appeared on the lawn over night.

I saw the idea for a jar of ‘wishes’ from Jennifer’s Jumbles blog and adapted it a bit. I painted Stickles icicles on an Ikea jar and was surprised to find they dried perfectly. The Mistletoe fairy is made by Joy of Joyous Cards, one of my favourite Ebay sellers. The jar is full of ideas for an activity for Sophia to do each day until Christmas. I have made them in two colours – one for school day activities and the other for activities more suited to weekends or holidays. I hope she likes it.
Sue x
cropped jar2

7 comments:

Christine said...

Oh what lovely childhood memories Sue :)
Sophia is going to love her fairy jar - fantastic idea :) x

Sue Jones said...

That is adorable!!

Lesley G said...

Aw, so sweet, I loved that idea on Jennifers Jumbles too.
I love your Jingle Bells

susibee said...

What a lovely idea Sue - I would have adored this when I was little and so would Holly so I'm sure Sophia will too.

Sarah said...

Sue...I love this, it is beautiful x x x Sophia is going to treasure it x x x x

Unknown said...

Oh this is just fantastic, Sophia is going to adore it :D xxx

Maria said...

excellent jar and what a fab idea. I could do with one myself, Id love to know what the ideas are (and whether they are suitable for adults too)